Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Animal Bones


Some days the last thing I want to do is stand in front of my camera waiting for the timer to go off.  That's how I felt all last week.  And the week before that.  And now that I'm back on the wagon, or whatever figure of speech is appropriate, I feel a little rusty.  I need to remember to pick a background that isn't so busy, and I need to make sure my camera is focusing on the foreground and not the background.  I try not to edit my photos too much, but I'll confess that I blurred the background on some of these a little.  I'm such an amateur and I'm too stubborn to read the instruction manual.

In other news, we're foster parenting a new cockatiel named Rosie.  She belongs to my sister's friend's friend, who's living situation does not allow pets, so we're bird-sitting for the next year or so until that changes.  Moving can be traumatic for birds (or any pet) but Rosie is finally starting to calm down and I'm excited to get to know her.  All the birds that I've met have had very unique personalities...or bird-alities?





Shirt, Bag, Shoes, Necklace: Thrifted // Shorts: Loft // Belt: mom's 
Skele-Gro key-chain: Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida

16 comments:

Playing Hooksies said...

oh i really like the pattern on your top! I had two parakeets as a kid but i was actually more afraid of them than i was in love with them :0

http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

MarieStella said...

i really love your combination!! awesome shoes and bag and i adore the Harry Potter inspired skeleton!!
http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

Sabrina said...

hi dear! thank you for your comment! I'm following you too! :)

Jamie Rose said...

Cool mix of animal prints in this outfit! I love your top and necklace!

Nav said...

love your blog and your style. Aweosme outfit love the color combos - kinda safari look!

def following you, wanna follow back?

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

jess said...

I love the leopard blouse.

Ruby Girl said...

love the leopard print! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Claire M. said...

I love your outfit ;)

lasophia said...

Haha, I totally feel you. I hate the darn tripod and the darn self timer. My mom has been taken my pics recently, but she isnt too good... Oh well the woes of a fashion blogger. haha. Loving the cheetah! take a pic with the bird!

Sophia
http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

Ruby Girl said...

hey molly! love the leopard print!! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Abigail said...

Don't worry, I've felt exactly the same way for a long time. Also, I have a cockatiel named Piper! They're lots of fun to have around. Also, nice outfit!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great outfit, love the top paired with that pop of color purse.

I know how you feel... sometimes I'm not in the mood of taking pictures, but I always do because I know I would regret it if I don't... hehe.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

world said...

cool post cool outfit
http://worldgoesround.wordpress.com

April Fashionreports said...

nice outfit
follow my blog http://freakdelafashion.blogspot.com/
if you like
I will follow you back

Britney said...

I love how you accessorized with some skelegro! so awesome

Kristin Wyly said...

THEY MAKE SKELE-GROW KEYCHAINS?! Brb, giving away all of my money...

Kristin Wyly
www.wehatenikeshorts.blogspot.com