Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Favorites: Spring Breeze

 
 
 
 
 

There are few things more lovely than waves of fabric rippling in the breeze, so use this as an excuse find the perfect skirt, dress, or blouse in this windiest of seasons: Spring.  Light materials like chiffon or lace are ideal while pleats and patterns add another element of interest.  I find a feminine skirt looks best with an over-sized boyfriend shirt, an edgy and artsy top, or a simple tee.  A longer length skirt reduces the risk of "pulling a Marilyn" but you can also ease your worries about baring it all by wearing some fun patterned shorts underneath.

As usual, I found all these lovely ladies through Chictopia and Weardrobe.  Click on any of their pictures to see more of their individual styles.  If you would like to be featured on a Weekly Favorites post, please join Weardrobe! It is a smaller online fashion community so there is a much greater chance that I will see your photos there.  You can also submit or send a link to molly.lolly.o@gmail.com.  I am much more likely to select photos that are high quality, well lit, and show head to toe. I also take suggestions for what trends, colors, or themes you would like me to feature.  I hope you liked this week's favorites!    

edit 4/25: Jude (wearing the gorgeous pleated teal skirt) asked me to post this link to her site where you can get that amazing skirt!

5 comments:

Lillies and Lace said...

oooo that black and red dress is amaaaaazing. i want it haha. good post!

Melissa Stevens said...

Just found your blog! Love it!!! Now following! Um all of those outfits are so awesome!

www.melstevens1.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

these long flowing skirts are so fun!

Chic on the Cheap

thechyrelgomez said...

i love what they did with their skirts. been trying to have my photo taken like those. haha! great outfit choices.

Rachel Dwyer said...

wow only realized now that you featured me on your blog. thank you so much, such an honor
xoxo