Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Favorites: Nude and Brights

 
 
 
 

I realize that it's a little soon to be posting another weekly favorites, but I'm in a blogging mood and I'm just so excited about this trendt!  I consider it a variation on color blocking, but he concept is fairly simple.  Mix a solid nude or light pink piece with a bright solid piece in the warm color family.  You can try the same think with brights in the cold color family, such as a yellow-green, but I prefer the warm colors because nude is, in itself, a warm color.       

  As usual, I found all these lovely ladies through Chictopia and Weardrobe.  Click on any of their pictures to see more of their individual styles.  If you would like to be featured on a Weekly Favorites post, please join Weardrobe! It is a smaller online fashion community so there is a much greater chance that I will see your photos there.  You can also submit or send a link to molly.lolly.o@gmail.com.  I am much more likely to select photos that are high quality, well lit, and show head to toe. I also take suggestions for what trends, colors, or themes you would like me to feature.  I hope you liked this week's favorites! 

P.S.  Almost all of these outfits would look awesome with a neutral python clutch like the one that you can win by entering my giveaway before May 6th.

12 comments:

Natalie Liao said...

thank you sweetie for the mini feature! ^_____~
you have a great blog!

xx natalie

Jahn 'n Style said...

all the outfits are awesome :) i love the nude and bright combination :) great post!!

Carlinn said...

Love the combo of nude and bright so pretty! :)

Quiapo Ilalim said...

thanks for the mini feature!
love,
feedmink =)

Cri said...

wow, Molly! Thank you for that, you made my day! I totally agree with you! Those color together are great and in the future I'll be trying lime green with nude!

Kisses,
Cris.

jess said...

Nudes and brights are really unexpected together. They look great.

Kellie said...

Love these colors, especially the bright skirts!

Fifth Sparrow said...

Love this trend! I can't wait to add something ridiculously bright to my wardrobe!

p.s photos of the gorgeous necklace will be up soon (just had some scheduled posts from a while ago). I've been LOVING it! xx

I Am Alexa said...

Thanks for the feature, dear! :)

Voilà! said...

I'm loving brights as well! This is a good round up of example pics!

bspoke

Voilà!

LyddieGal said...

Yes! I love these looks! Ahhh nudes and brights... such a good pair... I must do it more!

Chic on the Cheap

asiamorela said...

Inspiring! I myself love bright coulours. And by the way, this weekly themed "best of" which introduces us to other people's fashion and pictures is another really great idea...