Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekly Favorites: Color Blocking

 
 
 
 

Color blocking is so fun and refreshing that I can't seem to get enough of it.  If you're afraid to try it for yourself, here are some tips: I find color blocking looks best when done with rich and vibrant colors, especially jewel-tones.  Not sure what colors to put together? The possibilities are endless, but some basic knowledge of color theory can be a big help. If you're feeling intimidated, start by mixing colors in the same family such as warm colors (red, orange, and yellow) or cool colors (blue, green, and purple).  If you're feeling bolder, try combining primary colors (red, yellow, and blue), secondary colors (orange, green, and purple) or complementary colors. (My personal favorite complementary combo is blue and orange.)  And if you're still not sold on the idea, check out Gucci's Spring 2011 collection. 

As usual, I found all these lovely ladies through Chictopia and Weardrobe.  Click on any of their pictures to see more of their individual styles.  

5 comments:

Gaby said...

Hmm I like this trend! I am always up for vibrant colors, now to sort through my wardrobe!

Lillies and Lace said...

i'm loving the whole color blocking thing too! it's perfect for busting out bright colors for spring and summer!

Ruby Girl said...

thanks for featuring my look, molly! it's been one of my faves so far. i love your take on color-blocking in the posts above & below also! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

Alina Anghel said...

thank you for the feature! very sweet of you.xx

http://www.theprovocativecouture.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Oh Molly, I didn't realize you had featured one of my looks until now! I'm so sorry for the delay on seeing this... but thank you so much! I'm so very flattered :)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com