Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inspiration: Gucci

 

I don't usually pay much attention to the latest runway fashions, but Gucci's Spring 2011 collection has been hard to ignore because it has stirred up a color-blocking frenzy that has already trickled down to street fashion.  Here is my best attempt to create my own Gucci-inspired look.  Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to retire this skirt.  It was an impulse buy from an H&M in Barcelona during a backpacking trip a couple of winters ago, and it really doesn't fit me very well and some of the seams are splitting.  I should have known that a tight-fitting skirt wouldn't hold up while hiking up and down the stairs of Toledo.  


 

For some reason I decided to incorporate a bright yellow dumbbell and pretend I was in a Dulce and Gabbana advertisement.  Maybe I should think these things through more thoroughly. 


Shirt: Sisley, gift // Skirt: H&M, $20 // Shoes: Dollhouse via Buffalo Exchange, $15
Turban: Self-made // Bracelet: Loft, $4 // Belt: Thrifted, $3



2 comments:

Laurel said...

ha ha it's important to work out whenever you can. Especially when you're wearing a head turban, or anything Gucci-inspired.

thechyrelgomez said...

I love the photo inspiration. I'm really excited to try this color blocking trend too. :)