Friday, April 29, 2011

Cargo Plume


Here's the casual outfit that I wore for a shopping trip today.  Whenever I have a day off I try to wear clothes that I wouldn't be able to wear to work, and these cargo pants definitely qualify.  I bought them from the junior's department at JCPenney when I was 18 and I still love them even thought I feel a bit, well, "junior" when I wear them.  After almost five years they are perfectly worn-in and I like that the phoenix on the knee reminds me of Harry Potter. 

For months I've been trying to find some simple, versatile, red and gold earrings: not the (sometimes gaudy) chandelier styles that I see everywhere.  Today I finally found these (that I'm wearing) a Forever 21.  I love that they are a little bohemian without being too flashy.





Tank: Walmart // Cardigan: thrifted // Pants: JCPenney // Necklace: Self-made
Earrings: Forever 21, $4 // Shoes: Skechers via Famous Footwear, $30

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!  The winner also gets to be featured on this blog!

7 comments:

fashioneggpplant said...

you look great! cute outfit :)

thechyrelgomez said...

love the blue cardi. :)

Nici said...

I really like your necklace with that owl! So cute! :)

Kellie said...

Fun! I have a few items from high school that I still love, too.

M & Em said...

I've never seen cargo pants as unique as these. You look lovely!

xoxo
Em

A Tablespoon Of Life said...

I wish i could pull of pants like that! I love how simple your styling is in here! :) I am especially in love with the owl necklace! Great outfit!

Lillies and Lace said...

hey i passed on the "one lovely blog award" to you!
http://lillies-and-lace.blogspot.com/2011/05/yay-i-got-award.html