Saturday, March 5, 2011

Primary


To be honest, lately I've been more interested in snuggling up in bed with a Harry Potter book than I have been in blogging, so to make it up to you, I've put together three different outfits that I will be posting today.  (You might notice that my hair will be the same in all of them)

Yesterday my mom and I went thrifting.  They were having a 30% off clothing sale for Mardi Gras, and we still managed to spend about $70!  I got two jackets, a dress, a skirt, and a vest for about $25, and my mom did the rest of the damage.  This denim jacket was one of the things I got.  I used to hate denim jackets, but lately I've been wanting a nice worn-out vintage one.  I promise I will never wear it with jeans.  This one isn't as faded as I would like, but it's the right style.  Maybe I'll leave it out in the sun for a week or so.  Does anyone have any tips for how to wear out denim?


I just got this yellow skirt at Loft.  I don't usually like their skirts because they're cut too straight for my hips, but this one is a true a-line, which is just my style.  If you want it to fit at your natural waist, go down a size or two.  I'm usually a 4, but I'm wearing a 0.  The 2 would have worked as well. The only downside is that the linen fabric wrinkles really easily, so I scrunched the whole thing in a ball and went for a deliberately disheveled look.  Now it really looks like a paper bag skirt and I like it.   




Shirt: JCPenney, $16 // Skirt: Loft // Jacket: Thrifted, $6 
Tights: Anthropologie, $5 
Boots: Woodies by Jeffrey Campbell, $30 via Ross

1 comment:

Cee said...

This might sound silly, but I was pretty sold on your blog when I read your profile and the mention of alliteration... but then when you promised never to wear your denim jacket with jeans (which is my biggest fashion pet peeve; I'm so glad someone understands!) I knew you really were a girl after my own heart. That and you have floral tights. Which are awesome. Definitely following your blog- would love it if you followed mine, too, but that's totally up to you :)
xox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com