Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tiers of Lace


Hey everybody, sorry about my irregular posting.  I felt like I needed a little break from email and blogging, but I think I'm back on the horse or however that phrase goes.  I just got this dress from Charlotte Russe and I really like it.  All the dresses are 25% off online, and if you sign up for their email updates you can get an extra 10% off your entire purchase. There's also free shipping for purchases over $50.  

In spite of all the benefits to ordering online, I'm actually really glad I found this dress in the store.  The saleswoman was really nice and I would have ordered the wrong size, so I didn't mind paying the full price of $35.  I'm 5'8", 140 lbs, with 40" hips and 39" waist.  According to the size chart online I should be a Large, but the Medium fits me better because the shoulders are kind of wide.  There is some variation in the width of the tiers and the dress is pretty short and sheer so I had to wear it with leggings and a matching undershirt, but I really don't mind because I find the scalloped lace so beautiful, and the tiers make the dress very forgiving ( I usually wouldn't wear such a tight-fitting dress).  I also look forward to wearing this dress as a top tucked under a-line skirts once it's too warm to wear leggings.




Dress: Charlotte Russe, $35 // Leggings: Gift 
Shoes: "So" brand via Kohl's, $11 // Necklace: mom's

2 comments:

TrophyBoutique said...

Oooh these bigger pictures are GREAT. I love the detail of this dress. Gorgeous, dahling.

thechyrelgomez said...

Do you use flickr or photobucket for the pictures?
I was on a blogging hiatus for a week as well.

Love the details on that dress of yours. Dress sizes do trick you sometimes.