Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sizing You Up


Yesterday morning the top I wanted to wear didn't fit so I quickly came up with a substitute before heading off to work.  I'm not really thrilled about it because I find this look a bit too conservative and predictable, but here it is on the good ol' blog because maybe one of you will like it?  It's not all about me after all (says the girl who takes pictures of herself).  I suppose the green belt is a bit unexpected and I dig matching shoes and leg-wear and I like all these pieces individually.  I really like this skirt.  I found it for $11 in the Petite section at work.  Most of our skirts are cut too straight for my curves, but I think this skirt works because I went up a couple sizes and wear it lower on my hips.  I'm usually a 4 at work, but this skirt is a 10P, which is comparable to an 8 because you always size up when you switch to petites anyway.  So next time you go shopping, if there's a Petite section, check it out but don't forget to size up! Sometimes the item that is all sold out in Missy sizes is available in petites, and most people can get away with skirts and tops that are only about half an inch shorter.




Shirt: Anthropologie // Sweater and Skirt: Loft // Jacket: Buffalo Exchange, $14
Jewelry and Socks: Gifts // Shoes: Skechers via Famous Footwear, $30

2 comments:

Aileen said...

this is actually one of my fave looks!!

thechyrelgomez said...

i love the first look. the colors look fantastic and it's something corporate.