Friday, February 18, 2011

Shoedazzle Review



I just received this Nila Anthony Christine Woven Hobo bag from Shoedazzle.com and I was so pleased with the experience that I have decided to write a review about it.  Shoedazzle.com is more than just shoes; It also has handbags, jewelry and occasional clothing deals.  I only paid $32 for this amazing bag that originally cost $62.  The site has great pictures that are true-to-life and they give you an accurate idea of what you are buying.  I'm really picky about my handbags, but I'm very pleased with the price, design, and quality of this bag.  It's the perfect size, shape, and color for me, and the faux leather isn't rubbery or plastic-y.  I couldn't have found this bag anywhere else but Shoedazzle.com (believe me, I tried!).  Shoedazzle.com also has free shipping and exchanges, which I love.  Another pleasant surprise was the ingenious packaging:      


I love that they were able to protect and transport their product in an impressive yet ecological way.  The packaging was minimal; there was just the box, some tissue paper, the protective reusable bag (so cute!) the purse, the prepaid return sticker, and the invoice.  The box was just the right size and there was no Styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap!

Shoedazzle.com isn't your typical online boutique so I'll explain how it works.  It's a $40 per month, member's only site in which you can select any single item from your own personalized showroom each month. In other words, everything costs $40.  However, your first purchase is $32, and you can earn credit by inviting friends to join.  When you first go to the site you'll be asked to "Join for free". Then you'll be asked to complete a style survey which will determine what kinds of items will end up in your showroom.  It takes about 24 hours for your showroom to be filled with items specially selected for you, but while you wait you can shop a selection of best sellers.  Remember, setting up a showroom is free!  If you don't like what you see in your showroom you can request alternates.  Once you make your first purchase and become an official member, your account will be charged monthly.  If you don't want to buy anything on any particular month, you can skip that month within the first 5 days, free of charge.
  

I must admit I wasn't immediately impressed by Shoedazzle.com.  I was a little disappointed with January's shoe selection because it was mostly stiletto pumps but February's selection has been amazing.  There were several pairs of flats and boots that all sold out quickly, and I really like the choice of handbags.  I've also recently come to realize the value of a platform and how it improves comfort and ease of walking.  Here are just some of my favorites from February:


Many items on Shoedazzle.com come in a choice of different colors.  Most of the shoes are "Shoedazzle" brand, and many of the purses are by Nila Anthony and Melie Bianco. After doing some research and comparing prices, I've come to realize Shoedazzle.com gives you amazing deals.  But hurry because items sell out quickly!

2 comments:

Kavery said...

Hi there, its my first visit to your blog. I love the header, so ingenious. Will check out Shoedazzle

thechyrelgomez said...

great review. :) i've never really bought anything online cause i'm so old school and i prefer to shop til i drop. haha.