Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little Miss Matched


I woke up this morning and it was 18 degrees outside, which called for jeans, boots and a wool sweater. My neck was cold, so I added the scarf. It doesn't really match, but it works for me because the two prints seem to conflict thematically and I like a little tension. I'll explain: I always seem to associate red plaid with lumberjacks while the Scotty dog sweater feels like something an old lady would wear. The combination of the old lady sweater and lumberjack scarf feels unexpected and fresh. I think most of my other, more feminine scarves would just add to the old lady vibe. Don't get me wrong, I love "granny chic", but this would have been "granny granny".




Shirt: Loft, gift // Sweater: Anthropologie, $20, gift // Scarf, thrifted, gift
Belt: Self-made // Boots: Old Navy, $13


No comments: