Thursday, February 3, 2011

Avoiding the Pillow Effect


This morning's record breaking low temperature of ten degrees below zero in New Mexico may not seem so extreme to some of you northerners, but it has put the area in a state of emergency. Power companies operating at full capacity are asking people to lower their thermostats. Power problems spilling over from Texas led to rolling blackouts in southern parts of the state to conserve power after two power plants shut down when instruments froze. Public schools will be closed for the fourth day in a row tomorrow, and this afternoon one of the shopping malls in Santa Fe closed.

All that's to say, it's cold! So here's my best attempt at staying warm without looking like a giant pillow. The funnest part was when I unzipped my jacket to reveal the strata underneath ;)




Jacket: Big 5, $100 // Sweater: Thrifted // Vest: Thrifted // Dress: UO, $20
Belt: Hand-me-down // Gloves: UO, $5 // Leggings: Burlington Coat Factory, $5
Socks: Gift // Boots: Old Navy, $12

2 comments:

TrophyBoutique said...

Sorry bout our leaky electric problems :(
But hey, you needed an excuse to wear your parka.

Molly O said...

I don't blame you, texas, and it didn't affect me directly. You're right, this is the first time I've work this parka this winter.