Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tiny Horses


I'm wearing black again. I used to hate wearing black. I think I developed this aversion for black because, in art school, painting with black is discouraged when other dark colors work just as well. In fashion, however, black is sleek, chic, and slimming, and I have recently developed a fondness for it. I bought this pinstripe shirt-dress at a thrift store a while back but this is the first time I've worn it. (I think I'm still trying to break habit of avoiding black.) I received several compliments at work, which has increased my liking for this dress, so expect to see it again! Maybe I'll work some color in next time. Any suggestions?

There are little horses on my tights!
They're kind of hard to see, but you can click on the image to zoom in.


Dress: Thrifted // Tights: Anthropologie // Shoes: Decree via JCPenney
Belt: Buckle, $20 // Headband: LOFT

2 comments:

TrophyBoutique said...

pshaw, it doesn't count as black if it's striped! There you go. This dress is adorable.

Traci Osborn said...

I would add a little red. Maybe a red belt or heels? You should definitely wear it more often.

http://allsweetness.tumblr.com