Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peter Pan and Tinker Bird


Today I had a "post-op" appointment with the doctor who removed my wisdom teeth, and he said everything looked good and they gave me a syringe with which I can squirt water to clean out the holes in my head. The whole thing took about five minutes, and it seemed a bit of a waste to have driven all the way there.

So I decided to go to the Goodwill nearby. I spent a good amount of time trying to convince myself not to buy stuff, and I'm proud of myself for coming out with only a pair of green suspenders. (Goodwill seems a little pricey to me compared to Thrift Town, my favorite.) By the time I got home it was dark out and that is why you guys are stuck with these badly lit photos. Just close your eyes (wait, don't), and imagine that everything is a little less yellow, like the walls in the background are supposed to be white.

Lately I've been wanting to layer pullovers and button down shirts, but my closet is lacking in both. (I'm so good at finding excuses to buy more clothes.) This striped sweater is one of two pullover sweaters that I own, and fortunately goes quite well with this plaid top that I have never buttoned all the way up until now. The peter pan collar looks so much better this way. I should shop my own closet more...




Blouse: Forever 21, Thrifted // Sweater: Loft, $20 // Jeans: Bullhead Hermosa Super Skinny, Thrifted
Shoes: Steve Madden via Famous Footwear, $30 // Bib Necklace (worn backwards): Loft, $5

4 comments:

TrophyBoutique said...

Oh I love that you've worn the necklace backwards! Great idea.

And yeah, the post-op appt is really stupid. But using that syringe is weirdly satisfying....

Molly O said...

haha, ya, except when the water ricochets onto the bathroom mirror.

Feathers said...

I had my wisdom teeth out in high school, and it was awful! They had to cut them out, so I had incisions and stitches in my mouth, making the post-op a little more necessary. I didn't get a syringe, though. Now I feel ripped off.

Love your shoes, I was just ogling a similar pair the other day.

Stephanie
http://stephthebird.blogspot.com/

Molly O said...

thanks steph, can i call you steph? oxfords are my favorite. they're great to just slip on real quick and they look good with almost everything. I used to wear converse all the time, but the leather oxford is like the more grown-up version. (thought is still wear my converse)

when u had your wisdom teeth removed were they able to stitch the holes up completely? maybe that's why you didn't get a syringe.