Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fuzzy Was She


I recently acquired this furry jacket and mittens from Urban Outfitters. They were cheap, but very soft, and highly recommended. Today I decided that It was high time I modeled them for you, along with all the other furry things that I own. Now all I need are some furry pants, or better yet, a fuzzy onesie!

It seems that my mind always manages to create some sort of narrative out of each day's outfit photographs. As a special treat (or not, depending on your point of view) I'm going to give you a glimpse into my mind:

Photo #1: "GrrrAhhchoo! Excuse me! There's a twig up my nose...and that wasn't as ferocious as I had intended."

Photo #2: "What, there are no claws in these furry mittens? I guess that means I better pretend to be something harmless like a bunny, although the bunny in Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail was pretty ferocious, so I guess there's always hope."


Photo #3: "Now that I'm finished pretending to be an animal, I can shed some of these excessive fur accessories and look at the lovely presents my dog (a true animal) left on the ground."

Photo #4: "It's sooo warm out. I must remove my gorilla coat and look happily at the sun while stroking my hair as if I'm in some shampoo commercial. This mane is tame."


And that's enough photo commentary, but if you're wondering what happens next in the story, it goes something like this: A cloud came and covered up the sun. I was distraught while witnessing it as you can see in the photo above, but eventually decided it was a good excuse to put my gorilla jacket back on, and I took more photos.


This jacket makes my shoulders look huge, but I don't care. Life is good in the gorilla:


Furry Items:
Coat: UO, $18 // Mittens: UO, $8 // Collar: Thrifted, $1 // Hat: Thrifted: $3

Non-furry Items:
Dress: Target, $10 // Shirt: Thrifted // Tights: Forever 21, $5 // Shoes: JCPenney
Necklace: Mom's // Watch: Relic, gift // Bracelets: Gifts

1 comment:

Mara said...

Haha! I love your narrative! I do the same thing a lot of times. It's much easier to get a fun picture if you're making up the story to go with it. ;) I also really love the fuzzy things. So cozy.