Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You Know Where I Work On Days Like These


Ahhh, the joys of working in retail. Today spent four hours packing up 500 or so pieces of clothing to transfer to another store. We had already unpacked, hung, steamed, and displayed most of these pieces, so to pack them up, only knowing they would go through the same process again seemed like a waste. Now the place has bare shelves and confused shoppers come in asking for things that we had yesterday, but don't have today. My manager summed up my feelings exactly saying, "Why did they sent us this stuff in the first place?" I'll never understand the mysteries of corporate management.

Well, all that sounds a little dramatic. To keep things in perspective, I really do love my job. It's a nice work environment with windows and natural sunlight and all my coworkers are awesome.



One of these days I'll take a decent photograph of these shoes.
All the detail is particularly hard to capture.

Shoes: Famous Footwear, $15, 4 yrs ago // Earrings: Sears, gift // Shirt, Cardigan, Jeans, Necklace: Loft

No comments: