Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunny Sunday


Sorry for the blurry and poorly lit photos folks, but my schedule is packed today. I was going for a casual but pulled together look that would be appropriate for work, but not overdressed for (my very casual) church and a brunch. I wanted to wear my new cargo pants that I got for an amazing $12 at work, and it sort of all came together from there. I suppose many of my style choices are intuitive, or subconsciously influenced, so it's sometimes difficult to describe how I pull an outfit together. A lot of it has to do with color relationships and balance (I am an artist after all), but some of it is whimsical. I have to admit that lately I have been putting a lot of effort into trying to look like I didn't put too much effort into creating an outfit by intentionally not matching or forgoing some accessories. I'm not sure how successful I've been at this: I am wearing a lot of accessories today. Oh, the irony.


Shirt: Loft, $11 // Pants: Loft, $12 // Shoes: Thrifted, $4 // Scarf: Thrifted, $.75
Sweater: Thrifted, $3 ? // Coat: Anthropologie, way too much $ but man I love it
Necklace: Loft, $12 ? // Headband: Loft, $5 // Earrings: Anthropologie, $6

Can you tell what my favorite places to shop are? Maybe I need more variety in my life.

No comments: