Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa Baby


I wore this to work this morning (minus the sweater because it's way too warm in the store). As I was ringing up for a lovely woman, the song, "Santa Baby" came on and she said, "All you need is a cane and you'd fit right into this song." I thought that was awfully sweet. This outfit came together for two main reasons. First, I didn't have time to take a shower this morning, so I needed to cover my hair with a hat. I love to wear this hat with my oxfords, so that was a no-brainer. Second, I'm trying to wear clothes I don't wear very often. I bought these tights last spring and still hadn't worn them and I've been meaning to try them out with a red dress. (I'm a sucker for red if you hadn't noticed by now.) The red and green floral pattern of the tights seemed holiday-appropriate, so I accentuated the outfit with a green belt and earrings.



Dress: Thrifted // Cardigan and Belt: Hand-me-downs // Tights and Earrings: Anthropologie, $5 each
Necklace: Anthropologie, $12 // Hat: Urban Outfitters: $15 // Shoes: Famous Footwear, $30

2 comments:

styleforlife said...

You have such fabulous style...love those stockings. Come enter in my giveaway, I would love you to...following you now. xx Emily from EL Vintage

styleforlife said...

PS- I cant follow you..you dont have a button, rats. Well, if you ever do, let me know. I will be the first! :-)