Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Open Coloring Book

"An Open Coloring Book" is a project in which I took quotes from online diaries for seven days and hand-illustrated them. The quotes were selected from diary entries by young women around my own age on opendiary.com. The hand drawings were scanned, edited in Microsoft Paint, and then posted here:






















You can click on an individual image to see it larger, print it out,
and then color it by hand,
or you can color them digitally as I have here:







Coloring digitally can be a little tricky due to pixellation occurring after I posted the images online. The best way I know how to get around this is to:
1. copy image
2. paste image into Photoshop, Paint Shop, or a program that allows you to adjust brightness and contrast
3. adjust brightness and contrast a lot.
4. Save image as a .gif (this format seems to have less pixellation)
5. Open image in Microsoft Paint or other program that will allow you to color.

Let me know if you have any problems or if you know a better way to fix this problem.

I would love to see your colorings, so send me a link or an email (molly.lolly.o@gmail.com).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Those paintings are so cute!

xx

www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com