Friday, December 3, 2010

Nobody's Perfect


Some fashion bloggers create a facade of polish, but my favorite blogs are the ones that function as sort of diary; They reveal some sort of hidden truth about the author. I'm interested in the change and development that a blogger goes through over time. Even today's best bloggers had humble beginnings, and that's what I love to see. It is true that I put quite a bit of time and effort into creating aesthetically interesting and flattering images of myself and I don't show the ugly photographs, but it's also true that I don't always have my act together. It's on these days that I often don't post pictures of myself. While it's important to me to maintain a certain level of quality in my photographs, it has become increasingly important to me that I attempt to reveal the multiple sides of who I am.

I put minimal effort into taking these photographs this morning, but they ironically turned out quite beautiful (in my opinion). I woke up and threw on the first sweater I could find. I didn't wash my face or brush my hair. I looked in the mirror, and realized I was wearing my favorite things. It only seemed fitting that I document this occasion in my favorite place: my bed. Call me lazy, it's just who I am. I love to read in bed, but the invention of the laptop computer and wireless internet has further increased the number of hours per day that I am able to inhabit this most comfortable of places. It is here that I do research, write papers, read emails, watch movies, and read blogs. I'll admit, I have a good life.


Sweater: Anthropologie, $30 gift // Shirt: Loft, $15 // Pajama pants: Aeropostale, 7+ years ago

No comments: