Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Learning to Climb Backwards


Climbing a ladder backwards is a lot harder than I thought, especially when wearing shoes with slick soles. This is the playhouse my dad built for me when I was a 7 or 8. My friends and I used to cover the structure with sheets and towels and clothespins to create a roof and walls. Then we'd have secret club meetings and make up our own rules and languages. My mom and I even spent the night up there a few times. When I was 9, my family and I moved to a different house and the playhouse came too. My fabulous father found a way to pick up the entire structure and load it into the moving van, only to find that he had to take it apart to get it into the new backyard.

I grew out of my play-house phase a while ago, but since then it's been a favorite among young visitors to our house. When I was in middle school, my nephew and I made a guinea pig elevator out of some rope and an empty oatmeal can; Luigi, the guinea pig, was very obliging. A few years ago I had a Harry Potter Birthday Party (because my birthday was the same day that the 7th book came out) and My mom and I set up the playhouse to be Professor Trelawney's divination tower. It was a hit among the kids. Speaking of Harry Potter 7, I just saw the newest movie. Have you seen it? What did you think of it?




Shirt: Loft, $10 // Sweater: JCPenny, $1 w/ -$10 coupon // Skirt: Francesca's Collections, $10
Tights and shoes: gifts // Belt, T.J.Maxx // Necklace: Loft

No comments: