Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Art Show Reception


My art show, "Cognitive Sprawl", ended last Wednesday. On the Saturday before I had a reception for family and friends and I gave a little informal talk about how my work developed over the course of two years. I was busy mingling the whole time, but I'm lucky that one of our family friends snapped these photos. As you can see, it's really difficult to properly photograph artwork. As soon as I take some decent pictures and have a chance to, I'll post them on a blog, but I'll let you all know when that happens.


Here I am standing with a friend next to one of my oil paintings, "One but Not Only" 2009. The reception was very informal, so I wore jeans to keep my look casual. These are my favorite jeans. I found them at a thrift store, but you can buy them new for around $40:

Shirt: UO, $10 // Tank: Old Navy // Jeans: Bullhead Hermosa Super Skinny, Thrifted // Shoes: JCPenny


1 comment:

Paige said...

That painting is incredible! Your talent in art is awe-inspiring. (: