Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Practically Puffy In Every Way


Warning: This is a decidedly unfashionable post, but I feel it is important for me to represent myself as a human being that, like most people, has "off" days. Today was one of those days. I had a particularly hard time getting out of bed for class this morning, so I threw on my puffy down parka a.k.a "portable down comforter with sleeves". It's shapeless and unflattering, but it's cozy and soft and it really has become sort of a security blanket on cold and unenthusiastic days (not to mention it's purple!).

Parka: J. Jill, gift from mom // Beanie: made by mom // Gloves: Wal-Mart
Jeans: Simply Vera via thrift store // Shoes: Steve Madden via Famous Footwear, $30

About this time last year I was getting ready to go on a month-long backpacking trip in Southern Europe, and was in need of a lightweight, compactable winter parka. I came across this one while I was at J.Jill with my mom, and it was on sale for $100. I thought this was a pretty darn good price considering I was also getting ready for finals and had no time to shop around for a better deal. It's not made for backpacking, but it stuffs nicely into the hood, which consequentially makes a very nice pillow for sleeping on trains. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see this jacket was a loyal friend to me on those cold European winter days. You'll also see how unphotogenic I can be.



No comments: