Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Student and Teacher




Unfortunately, I have midterms this week, and I don't have as much time to blog as I would like. I didn't really feel like curling my hair today so here are a couple versions of my loose interpretation of an image of Ann Dvorak in Scarface (1932). The image comes from Mythical Monkey's blog.

When I saw that Ann was winking in this image I knew this would be a challenge. My facial muscles are not particularly good at winking. Here's a montage of some winking failures:


I also thought it was kind of funny how my two versions ended up looking a lot like school-girl and school-teacher. I went along with that vibe and came up with these two pictures, which I like to call, "Hide and Seek":


School-Girl Outfit // Dress: Anthropologie // Shirt: Anthropologie // Nylons: ?
School-Teacher Outfit // Shirt: mom's // Cardigan: hand-me-down // Belt: hand-me-down
Both Outfits // Skirt: thrifted // Shoes: Urban Outfitters, $15

I love clothes, but I am a frugal shopper and I take pride in my thrifty skills. I do own quite a few items from Anthropologie, a store that can be pricey, but everything I own from there was purchased at a major discount, or was a gift from mom. I try to post about how much I paid for items, when I can remember.

No comments: