Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cowboys and Indians



The neckerchief and moccasins in today's outfit made me think, "cowboys and indians". Is anyone else picking up on this?

While my inspiration for mixing patterns comes from Delightfully Tacky, I also found these photos of Joan Blondell, Ann Dvorak, and Paulette Goddard, to show you how the 1930's have influenced today's outfit.

I wore this to work this morning and my mom loved it. My mom also made the awesome red and black beaded crochet bracelet that I'm wearing. Did I mention that my mom also lets me borrow clothes and jewelry? She's amazing!
Thanks Mom!
Living in the fluctuating temperatures of the desert, it's always a challenge to create an outfit that can hold it's own with and without layers. That's why I've shown two different versions of this outfit and I think both are equally successful, although the solid blues in the second one give the eye a nice break from the busyness of all the patterns.




Shirt: Ross, $10 // Skirt: LOFT, $12 // Moccasins: Minnetonka, gift // Flats: Target, $5 // Socks: gift
Cardigan: hand-me-down // Scarf: thrifted, $1 // Belt: hand-me-down //
Earrings: Urban Outfitters, $10 // Necklace: Vietnam, gift to mom from Grampa // Bracelets: gifts

No comments: