Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hallow's Eve's Eve



It's been an appropriately weird day, considering tomorrow is Halloween. It started out with the production of skull shaped sugar cookies, but I think I lost count and forgot to put the fourth cup of sugar in the batter because when they came out of the oven they had all spread into one giant cookie. Luckily they were in the kind of pans with edges so they didn't spill and burn on the bottom of the oven, and I was able to cut the skull shape out again while they were still warm. They're still edible, but they don't taste like sugar cookies should. Hopefully some frosting will help.

Then, when I went to get dressed for work, all my clothes seemed exceptionally boring. Eventually I came up with this unusual combination. It was unintentional, but the combination of the bright green shirt and purple accessories felt very appropriate for the holiday.

Once at work, I found I forgot my lunch and my people skills at home. A woman entered the store and I asked her if I could help her find anything. She told me, quite seriously, "I'm looking for stuff to wear under jackets and stuff." I think I came close to laughing at her and said, "That's really vague", in a voice that probably came out sounding unintentionally rude. She seemed quite put-off and quickly walked away from me.

Looking back, I suppose none of these things were all that weird, but all of them combined made it feel like an unusually off day.


Shirt: Gap // Cardigan: Thrifted // Skirt: self-altered from a dress from T.J.Maxx
Shoes: Famous Footwear // Belt: Gift from mom via Anthropologie // Necklace: Gift

No comments: